Friday, December 18, 2009

Christian Photographers Sued for refusing to take pictures at Same Sex Commitment Ceremony

A state court in New Mexico has upheld a ruling against Jon and Elaine Huguenin.  As owners of Elane Photography, they declined to photograph a same-sex commitment ceremony in 2006 and were sued. 
The court ruled the owners had violated a nondiscrimination law. 
Jordan Lorence, senior legal counsel for the Alliance Defense Fund (ADF), said it exposes the threat such laws pose to religious liberty.
"The court showed very little respect for that," he said, "and said that this was no different than a caterer serving food and was liable to this same-sex couple."
Lorence points out New Mexico hasn't legalized same-sex unions.
"So, these couples are going through these ceremonies that have no legal significance to them," he said.  "They're using these non-discrimination laws like 'blasphemy' laws, and they're going on witch hunts to root out the heretics and punish them." 
ADF plans to appeal.


JMC Ministries Response
written by: Jeremy and Miranda Caverley

 We as Christians must pray and uplift our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ. Jesus said if we follow His teachings, and take a stand against what the world tries to make us conform to. We will face persecution. Our hope is in Him and knowing that this world is not our home, but in heaven eternally.  

Job 19:25-27 (New International Version)


 25 I know that my Redeemer [a] lives,
       and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. [b]
 26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
       yet [c] in [d] my flesh I will see God;
 27 I myself will see him
       with my own eyes—I, and not another.
       How my heart yearns within me!






No comments: