Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Nokia Files US Patent on Magnetic Vibrating Tattoo For Mobile Devices

Finnish cell phone maker Nokia has filed a U.S. patent application for a magnetic vibrating tattoo that could wirelessly connect to a mobile device and alert users of phone calls, texts and battery status–all via vibration.

The apparatus comprises “a material attachable to skin, the material capable of detecting a magnetic field and transferring a perceivable stimulus to the skin, wherein the perceivable stimulus relates to the magnetic field.”

Diagrams in the patent show examples of the small, square gadget as applicable to a user’s arm, abdominal area or fingernail.

For those wary of an actual tattoo, the patent says the device could potentially be stamped, sprayed, attached with adhesive tape, applied as a decal or even drawn on.

The object could emit different vibrations for “an alert of a message, indication of an incoming call, indication of a body part in proximity of the electronic device, indication of information displayed on the electronic device, indication of a launch of an application and indication of a least a portion of a displayed image.”

A magnetic field originating from the electronic device would connect to the tattoo device.

The electronic devices may include a cell phone, laptop, music player, tablet, a wrist or neck warn electronic device or a game console, according to the patent.

While the patent does not explain the benefits such a device could provide, one can imagine that it could eliminate the stress of situations where phone ringing is frowned upon—church, theater, work—and the vibrate setting often leads to missed calls. Conversely, the device could lead to an even more intimate, and not necessarily healthy, with cell phones that would become truly omnipresent.

Read More From ABC News

Eternal Flame News: Christian Persecution in America

Breaking news stories that's affecting our world we live in.
These stories & more!

Eternal Flame News On Air MON-FRI @ 7PM EST at www.jmclive.com




Chicago Police Officers Handcuff News Reporters And Tell Them "Your 1st Ammendment Rights Can Be Terminated"

View more videos at: http://nbcchicago.com.

Chicago police took two members of the media into custody Saturday, including an NBC Chicago photographer.

Photographer Donte Williams and WGN Reporter Dan Ponce were detained as they attempted to cover the story of a 6-year-old girl who was shot and killed. Crews were standing on a sidewalk outside Mt. Sinai Hospital, where the girl had been taken.

The hospital apparently called police, complaining of trespassers. The news crews, at the request of police officers, said they had already moved from a public sidewalk directly in front of the hospital, to a median halfway across the street.

But police disputed that, saying hospital security guards told them news crews had tried to get past them into a secure area of the hospital. Reporters say they did not go into the hospital.

"I went over to the hopsital with community activist Andrew Holmes and went up to the front door of the hospital. Family members were there and they were obviously upset," said NBC Chicago Reporter Christian Farr. "I stared right at security guards who stared right at me and never said anything to me. I never went into the hospital."

Ponce backed up that take of what happened.

"What upset me about last night was this was not an active crime scene," Ponce said on WLS Radio. "This is in front of a hospital. The reporters and photographers were standing on the median sidewalk when the officer started yelling at us, telling us to get further away. We decided to take a stand."

Police held Williams and Ponce for about 10 minutes. The officer who handcuffed them is recorded on camera warning members of the media that their First Amendment rights could be terminated.

"Your First Amendment rights can be terminated if you're creating a scene or whatever," the officer said.

When asked how they were creating a scene, the officer said, "Your presence is creating a scene."

Williams and Ponce were released without any charges. The Chicago Police Department's media relations office, known as News Affairs, later released the following statement:

    "The Chicago Police Department did not charge anyone with criminal trespass in connection with yesterday's incident, which involved the unfortunate and senseless loss of a young child. We removed two individuals from the hospital at the request of hospital security guards, who asserted that the individuals had tried to go past them into secure and private areas of the hospital. The security guards declined to press charges and the individuals were released.

    Our members were attempting to protect and respect both the grieving family members of the child, and the memory of the child herself during a very stressful time for all parties involved.

    As always, we will carefully review the allegations in the event further action is warranted."

France: Gunman Opens Fire At Jewish School

Four people, including three children, have been killed after a man opened fire outside a Jewish school in the French city of Toulouse Monday. Police say the bullets came from the same gun that was used last week in the murder of three soldiers.

A gunman opened fire Monday morning outside a Jewish school in Toulouse in south-western France, killing four people.

City Prosecutor Michel Valet said a 30-year-old man, his two sons, aged three and six, and another child aged ten who was the daughter of the school principal, were killed. A 17-year-old was also seriously injured.

Valet told reporters the gunman "shot at everything he could see, children and adults, and some children were chased into the school" before he fled the scene on a black scooter.

Relatives named the adult killed as Jonathan Sandler, a Franco-Israeli from Jerusalem who "left last September for a two-year mission to teach Jewish subjects in Toulouse", according to AFP.

“National tragedy”

Visiting the Ozar Hatorah school, French President Nicolas Sarkozy described the shooting as a "national tragedy" and vowed to find the killer.

"Barbarity, savagery, cruelty cannot win. Hate cannot win,'' Sarkozy said. "We will find him.''

The president also announced a minute of silence in all French schools for Tuesday and said the state would throw its entire weight behind the investigation.

FRANCE 24 correspondent Chris Bockman reported from Toulous that the city was in “lockdown” as police searched for the gunman.

"But this is a medieval city with narrow winding roads, where it is easy for a scooter to outrun a police car,” he added.

Link to killings of French soldiers

On Monday afternoon, judicial sources confirmed that the bullets fired at the school had been fired from the same weapon used in last week’s deadly shootings in Montauban and Toulouse.

The shooting on March 15 in nearby Montauban saw two soldiers killed by a gunman riding a scooter.

The soldiers, of the 17th Parachute Engineering Regiment recently returned from operations in Afghanistan, were killed outside their barracks.

Four days before, a soldier from another airborne regiment was killed in Toulouse.

“All the soldiers who were killed were from ethnic minorities,” said Bockman. “So this is looking like a series of racist killings.”

Sarkozy had earlier said, "We are struck by the similarities between the modus operandi of today's drama and those last week."

It also emerged late Monday that the same scooter has been used in all three attacks.

The French government on Monday called for heightened security at Jewish schools in France, while French soldiers have already been banned from wearing uniform outside their bases.

Read More From France 24

Woman Sued For Planting Flowers In Her Yard!?

Church Holds Adult Only Services To Reach Sex Offenders

Christian Post--A Wisconsin church has recently begun holding biweekly church "adults only" services, in part as a way to allow convicted sex offenders to worship.

First Congregational United Church of Christ of Madison began holding the services earlier this year on every other Thursday evening, a time in which no children would be at their facilities.

The Rev. Jerry Hancock, director of First Congregational's prison ministry, told The Christian Post that the idea for the service came through their efforts at witnessing to prisoners in general.

"First Congregational United Church of Christ in Madison Wisconsin operates an active prison ministry," said Hancock.

"Through our work with prisoners we realized that there might be a need for a service of this kind because many sex offenders cannot for legal reason or should not for therapeutic reasons attend worship service when children are present."

The service is also for the benefit of those who would prefer to worship without children present. Since being implemented, the service has only garnered those who desire a child-free worship experience rather than recovering sex offenders.

"We have had 10 to 12 church members attend the first two sessions which began on Feb. 23. No one in our target audience has attended," said Hancock.

"This may be because it just takes time for word to spread. It may also be that the people we would like to serve have had very bad personal experiences with organized religion. Coming to church is an act of courage for them."

Pat Nolan, vice president of Prison Fellowship Ministries, told CP that he approved of the "adults only" service concept from First Congregational, considering it "very creative."

Read More From The Christian Post

Eternal Flame News: Socialists in America?

Breaking news stories that's affecting our world we live in.
These stories & more!