Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Mexico: Man Living In Car Because Apartment.Complex Is Infested With Bed Bugs

An Albuquerque man said he’s been living in his car because his apartment complex is infested with bedbugs.Bedbugs have been spotted in the Uptown Park Apartments near San Pedro and Indian School and the problem has been going on for weeks.Mike Hawes is keeping almost everything he owns inside his car in the complex’s parking lot.“I got to take my clothes up there, and take them back down. I just got a pillow and blanket there pretty much, Hawes said.Hawes moved his belongings out several weeks ago, after learning 18 units at the complex were infested with bedbugs.“I’m worried about the creepy little things munching on me when I’m sleeping. That’s disgusting, not to mention disease,” Hawes said.Even though his place isn’t affected, Hawes said he didn’t want to take any chances.“So I live out of my car; (it’s) pretty much all I can do,” Hawes said.The manager of the apartment complex said workers have been treating the rooms for bedbugs during the last few weeks and they’re doing whatever they can to fix the problem. However she told Action 7 News that residents might not be safe until the end of the month.

Read More From KDAT 7

No comments: