Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Boy's Family Credits Prayer for 'Miracle'

A 12-year-old boy on a trip with his youth group to a Washington state beach disappeared under the water for 20 minutes.

After an intensive search, rescuers found his unresponsive body and feared the worst. But today, Dale Ostrander is alert, responsive and talking.

His parents credit the power of prayer.

Rescuers frantically searched for the young Ostrander on jet skis, after he got caught in a rip tide off the coast of Washington that dragged him under the water.

Nicole Kissel, 12, was body boarding nearby when she heard Dale's cry for help.

"I went to the bottom of the sea floor. I could feel it. I felt his pants and I had pushed him up, then I went up," she recalled. "I said, 'We have to keep swimming.' The board was almost to land. I was swimming and I looked back he was next to me. I grabbed the board and he was gone."

Ostrander's youth group on the beach immediately began praying.

READ MORE

No comments: