Thursday, June 14, 2012

Bikers for Christ host annual Bikerfest Weekend

ZANESVILLE -- Lifting their voices in unison, Pastor Mike McGuire led Bikers for Christ as they praised God on the final day of the 10th annual Bikerfest Weekend 2012 at Rushing Wind Biker Church, 5715 East Pike.
"It's an event that reaches out to the bikers in the community," McGuire said. "We love serving God on our motorcycles. It's been a great week."
Praising God and recognizing his wife, Candy, as "my hero" Tony "Mac" McMullen, of Coweta, Okla., told the crowd how accepting Jesus Christ as his savior has changed his life. He served 15 years in McAlester Prison -- a maximum security facility -- for second degree murder. He was released in 2001.
"The little lady you see standing beside me is my hero. She never gave up on me. She stayed beside me," Tony Mac said.
Candy could not imagine giving up on Tony Mac.
"How do you walk away from someone you love? I was praying for him. I asked God to save him and God didn't just save him ... he (Tony Mac) gave his life to God," Candy said.
Well into drugs and alcohol when he was 14 years old, Tony Mac became a violent drug dealer who thought he had killed another drug dealer only to find he had mistakenly shot and killed his friend in the darkness.
His voice ringing with emotion, Tony Mac remembers the good times he had playing with his friend's young son. He saw the child's trust turn to pain while on Tony Mac was on trial for murder.
"I never will forget, I looked in his little eyes and there was so much pain in his little heart. I'd love to tell you I don't still see that little boy's eyes but I do. I know God's forgiven me," Tony Mac said.
Tony Mac continued his drug use in prison until the thought of losing his wife because of illness brought him to ask God to spare her life. He did not think he could be saved, but Candy kept begging him to accept God into his heart.
"My wife never gave up on me. I saw my wife vulnerable and realized I never put her first. It's never too late (to accept God into your life.) If your heart's still beating, you've got a chance," Tony Mac said.
Today, Tony Mac reflects on the past with regret and offers hope to people in prison through "Freedom in Christ Prison Ministries."

READ MORE 

No comments: