Thursday, July 26, 2012

What Do We Have to Do to Get Christians to Pay Attention to the Persecuted Church?

Have you ever considered what it must be like to be a surgeon?  I'm asking because the overwhelming majority of people in life, are not surgeons.  Most of us will never go to medical school and most of us will never learn to cut into a dead corpse and take out a heart in order to do a heart transplant on someone.  Truth be told, you would not catch me near a corpse or blood or anything remotely that gory!  I don't have the stomach to even look at medical shows on television where they do these types of things.
I bring this up because every day I read through a number of news articles about Christians being persecuted all over the world.  Some days, to be honest, it's pretty depressing.  I get to read about how Muslims are chopping off the heads of other Christians, or how Boko Haram has decided to murder more of my brothers and sisters in Christ.  When I'm not reading about that, I'm reading about how Christians in China, Indonesia, North Korea and other countries are being tortured and imprisoned for their faith in Christ.  It can get a person down, especially when you consider that despite your efforts to inform other Christians about it, so many of those Christians you're trying to inform just hit the snooze button, yawn and then go back to sleep.  It gets very old.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not into depressing people.  I certainly don't want to complain that the overwhelming majority of the Christians I know are clueless about the plight of the persecuted church, but I have to admit that there are some days when I really would like to give a loud speech and tell people, "Look, your Christianity is not what Christians all over the world are living out as Christians."
I mean, seriously, how hard is it to write a letter to a persecuted Christian?   How hard is it to give a few dollars a month to get bibles into a restricted nation?  How hard is it to pray every day for the persecuted church?

READ MORE 

No comments: