Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Md. Man to Begin Ministry for Bikers

A Maryland man who was involved as a youth in a Texas biker gang hopes to soon begin a ministry that would focus on evangelizing bikers.

Bill Kleckner, an active member of the Bridge of Life Church in Hagerstown, announced that he hopes to start up the ministry in January. In an interview with local media, Kleckner talked about his rough upbringing and how when younger the 54-year-old was heavily involved in drugs and alcohol while a biker.
"I'm a biker. I love bikers. But I want to touch as many people as possible," said Kleckner to the Herald-Mail.
"God takes the broken and makes them into something good. And that's what I want him to do through me. I can't fix people, but God can fix them."
Kleckner explained to Chris Copley of the Herald-Mail that while an ordained minister Kleckner's evangelism efforts will likely not involve preaching on a group scale.
"My true heart is to start a biker church … I don't have to preach. I could care less if I never stand in a pulpit. I like the one on one," said Kleckner.

No comments: