Monday, November 19, 2012

Two-time Cancer Survivor Shares Inspiring Personal Reflections in New Motivational Book


ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 19, 2012 /Christian Newswire/ -- People facing cancer and other life challenges can find hope from Susan M. Culey's newly released book "Overflow with Confident Hope...because you can." Written in a quirky, non-conventional style and filled with positive insights to dealing with overwhelming odds, "Overflow with Confident Hope" promotes an upbeat, faith-filled attitude.

Ms. Culey is no stranger to success and catastrophe. An award-winning hair stylist and successful business owner for many years, she seemed to hold the world in her hands. But, in a very short time, she lost everything after enduring two battles with breast cancer and other personal tragedies. But, rather than giving in and growing bitter, she fought through her fatigue and fears, believing that God had a great plan for her life.

"I had religion crammed down my throat when I was a kid," says Ms. Culey. "I knew about God, but I didn't know Him as my Friend until my personal struggles with cancer. I wanted to share my journey with people because it was about much more than just cancer. The battles literally brought me face-to-face with my past perspectives about God, and my great need for a compassionate, forgiving and healing Creator. I want the world to know that a person can find hope during and in spite of their trials. And more than that, they can overflow with confident hope every day."

"Susan was in the hospital when she began writing some of the pages in this book," stated Chris Lang, film producer and family friend. "I remember the pieces of handwritten paper that she read to me as I visited her there. I've since been inspired by Susan's courage to pursue a positive perspective even while she deals with so many obstacles."

Through powerful personal stories and inspiring Bible passages, "Overflow with Confident Hope" presents a practical approach to perceiving life circumstances. Faith-filled anecdotes provide dynamic insights on how to overcome fears, insecurities, helplessness and desperation. The themes touch on complications, uncertainties and anxieties of the mind to help the reader understand how to live with confident hope.

For more information about the book or to schedule Ms. Culey for an interview or speaking engagement, visit www.SusanCuley.com.


Christian Newswire

No comments: