Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Firefighter discovers faith from ashes, now shares faith in Asia

CENTRAL ASIA (BP) -- His world was going up in flames -- literally. Firefighter Christopher Ryan* was engulfed by pitch-black smoke and scorching heat amid an intense blaze on the second floor of a townhome when he and his partner, a veteran firefighter, realized they couldn't find the way out.

"I heard my partner screaming ... [telling] us to get out as fast as we could," Ryan remembers.

But he couldn't see a thing. Worse, his fire hose was stuck somewhere in the building and couldn't be freed. Still green from firefighters' school, his instructors' words echoed in Ryan's mind: "Never leave the hose. It's your lifeline."

And in that moment, Ryan says, time stood still.

"I had [what seemed] like an hour-long conversation right there with God," he says. "He pretty much affirmed that I wasn't saved and that if He were to allow me to die right then in that fire, I would be burning in hell that instant."

READ MORE

No comments: