Friday, September 7, 2012

Open Doors USA President Carl Moeller Leaves Persecution Watchdog Ministry

SANTA ANA, Calif. – After nine years at the helm, Carl Moeller is stepping down as president and CEO of Open Doors USA, an international ministry based in Southern California that supports persecuted Christians in the most oppressive countries in the world.

Moeller told The Christian Post on Wednesday that he is leaving an organization that he feels is a critically important ministry. However, he feels just as strongly about his new position as president and managing partner of Sequoia Global Resources located in Irvine, Calif. The newly formed group is aimed at fulfilling the global need for strategic alliances between international business and philanthropy, he said.
"As the last thing I told my Open Doors staff when I left [on Tuesday] is that as we really look at this transition we don't [need to] look at it as if I'm leaving Open Doors and I'm joining another organization – we [as Christians] still have the same boss and I'm just changing departments. This is a Kingdom work. I will be forever grateful for my time at Open Doors, for the relationships, and for the opportunities I've had to serve the suffering church.
"I get to do that in a slightly different set of work skills right now, but it's still the same boss and it's still the same job. God bless us all for doing things of greater work for the Kingdom."

No comments: