Sunday, March 14, 2010

Teacher Writes Loser On Students Homework Papers

 

JMC Ministries Response

Written By Miranda Caverley

It is a travesty that this is happening to children in our Schools. When I was in school I experienced the same thing. I had a teacher who asked me to come up to her desk one day. I did and then she told me loud enough for the rest of the class to hear, “Look at your grades,you will amount to NOTHING in life.” The other students snickered and laughed at me. I was humiliated and after she was done saying these horrible things to me I went back to my seat put my head down and cried.

My mom did the same thing as the mother in the video did She went to the school and complained. But the school I attended did nothing to the teacher.  I never received an apology or anything. And when I see that teachers are still treating children this way it just breaks my heart because I know first hand the long term affects this kind of treatment can have on a child.  Though it took that teacher less than a minute to say those words, they stuck with me for many years.

Please Parents listen to your children and when they say something is going on in school and they are upset or showing signs that something is wrong. Help them and protect them from people like this.

No comments: