Monday, April 11, 2011

Lady Gaga Sings About Love Affair With Judas The Disciple Who Betrayed Jesus

Tue, Apr. 05 2011 07:01 AM EDT
Christian Post

The second single off of Lady Gaga’s new album “Born This Way” has been leaked across the Internet, giving audiences a glimpse into Mother Monster’s dark side … or darker side.

“Judas,” her latest upcoming single, speaks about her love relationship with Judas, the disciple who betrayed Jesus with a kiss and killed himself after. Gaga told Carson Daly on Amp Radio that the track is about always “falling in love with the wrong man over and over again.”

Described as “backstabbing boyfriends of the biblical variety,” the song title was first revealed in Vogue Magazine.

“It’s about constantly walking towards the light in my life, but always clutching onto the light while peering towards the devil in the back,” Gaga told the Skorpion Show.

“I sing about what a holy fool I am, and that although moments in my life are so cruel and relationships can be so cruel I’m still in love with Judas. I still go back again to those evil things.”

Relaying in an exclusive interview with Google a few lines of the song, the singer recited, “When he comes to me, I am ready. I’ll wash his feet with my hair if he needs, forgive him when his tongue lies through his brain. Even after three times he betrays me, I’ll bring him down, a king with no crown.”

“The song is about honoring your darkness in order to bring yourself into the light,” Gaga told Google. “You have to look into what’s haunting you and need to learn to forgive yourself in order to move on.”

And it’s really fun to dance to, she added.

Read More From Christian Post

No comments: